25 Apr 2017

Hairdying problems


My hairdye story

Some years ago, I was keen on becoming really blonde, like really (the brightest blonde that there is). And even though I used a colour which was mostly based on oils, it damaged my hair pretty much. The ends of my hair became really dry and so did my scalp. Even before this kind of blonde, I put some ombre into my hair, so you can imagine how strained my hair was at this point. Then, after a year has passed, I felt like blonde just didn't suite me any longer and I went from the brightest blonde to the darkest brown, which was a chocolate brown in my case. I did this change step by step as I didn't want to risk a strange colour (going from blonde straight to brown by dying your hair on your own requires A LOT of courage). So I used several tones from dark blonde to light brown to finally chocolate brown. At first my hair was like black, it wasn't at all the colour I thought it would be, and to be honest, when you choose the colour chocolate brown you expect it to be BROWN and NOT black! :D However, this was the last dye I did so far, because it was summer when I dyed it and therefore the colour became brighter with the time thanks to sunlight and seasalt. Now, this colour really fits my natural hair and I don't even have to dye my hairline. So at the moment, I'm really satisfied with how my hair looks. However, I have to take a lot of care for my hair and my scalp because both have been really damaged by how often I dyed it.

These are all my hair colours from the first time I dyed my hair to how it looks now (sorry for the bad quality)

Bright Blonde
Honey Blonde
Light Brown
Medium Brown
Chocolate Brown
Chocolate Brown after a few weeks + sun + seasalt
This is my hair colour at the moment, I haven't dyed it for more than a half year

Dry scalp, dry hair

When your scalp is dry (because of dying your hair) it tends to itch and sometimes it is also very red. Of course, the first and best thing to do against it, is to stop dying your hair and let everything recover for a while. If that's not an option for you or you will do something additional to the recovering process, I would highly recommend hair oils. There are several brands and types of oils. But I think the biological ones which are based on natural ingredients have the best effect. In my opinion chemical ones can't really help your chemical damaged hair and scalp... I discovered the Khadi balsam hair oil which has an ayurvedic recipe. And I have to say I was a bit sceptic at the beginning but I've used it quite a long time now and I can say that my scalp is much better than before. Also my hair is much nicer and softer. I always gently massage it in my hair half an hour before I wash it. Also I can say that it lasts very long, I've been using it quite a lot for over a month and still there is more than a half of the bottle (a bottle contains 210ml).

Khadi balsam hair oil

Description: 

Controls dandruff, itching, flaking & seasonal scalp irritations. Clears & prevents oil & fungal build up, regulates sebum production.

Usage:

Gently massage into scalp, hair roots & length; leave on for half an hour or overnight. Can be used on both wet & dry hair.

Ingredients:

Sesamum Indicum Oil, Brassica Juncea, Trigonella Foenum Graecum, Citrus Medica Limonum Essential Oil, Cinnamomum Camphora, Melaleuca Alternifolia Essential Oil, Azadirachta Indica Seed Oil, Tocopherol, Citral, Geraniol, Linalool, Limonene


What are your experiences with dying your hair? And how do you take care after your hair?

Thanks for reading,
Fairydust xo



















6 comments:

  1. I completely destroyed my hair with bleach :/ I had to cut it off but it's now really healthy again :) I love using oils x

    www.anacelinelabod.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no, having to cut your hair off is literally the worst! So now you're also with your natural hair colour again? Xx

      Delete
  2. i've been dyeing mine for years but luckily it's still pretty healthy, i do get some dryness though and should probably look into hair oils!

    danielle | avec danielle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your hair looks so cool!
      Also I think you can't do anything wrong with hair oils! x

      Delete
  3. Amazing post dear! You have a wonderful blog:)
    What about following each other on Instagram, Bloglovin, Twitter?.. :)

    www.bloglovin.com/blog/3880191

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      Of course we can follow each other. But I only got bloglovin :)

      Delete